Procrastination is the avoidance of doing a task which needs to be accomplished. I feel guilty that I do procrastinate too sometimes.
I understand that to a certain degree, it is normal to procrastinate as it can regarded as a useful way to identify what is important but excessive procrastination can become a problem. It can lead to feelings of guilt, inadequacy, depression and self doubt.
How to overcome procrastination:
– Manage your habit and thought that lead to procrastinating
– Manage fear, anxiety, poor time management, indecisiveness, and perfectionism.
– Evaluate your goals, strengths, weakness and priorities in life
– Set realistic and meaningful goals
– Modify your environment
– Discipline yourself to set priority
– Motivate yourself with enjoyable activities
– Better time management for power hours for morning person or night owl.
After undertanding the cause of procrastination and how to overcome it, I have become more confidence on how to move forward to become a better person. No one is perfect but definitely one has to keep improving yourself to be better in the future.
My favorite quote for procrastination:
– The best to get something done is to begin.
– Today, stop making excuses for why you can’t get it done and start focusing on all the reasons why you must make it happen.
Do you procrastinate today? If yes, get up, don’t sit and move now!